The following links are provided as a resource. MeadowHaven does not specifically endorse the views expressed in the linked websites.
- New England Institute of Religious Research - The New England Institute of Religious Research (NEIRR) is the non-profit organization that founded MeadowHaven.
- Wellspring Retreat and Resource Center - Wellspring is a short term residential recovery center for those coming out of cults.
- Freedom of Mind - Steve Hassan is author of "Combating Cult Mind Control" and "Releasing the Bonds". His website provides resources for those seeking help for themselves or others.
- Reveal - Reveal is an organization of former members of the International Churches of Christ (ICC) (ICOC), Boston Church of Christ/ "Boston Movement", and Crossroads Church of Christ/ "Crossroads Movement".
- INFORM - INFORM (Information Network Focus on Religious Movements) was established with the support of the Home Office (The Home Office is the lead government department for immigration and passports, drugs policy, counter-terrorism and police) and mainstream Churches in 1988 with the aim of obtaining and making available objective and up-to-date information about new religious movements or 'cults'. INFORM is affiliated with the London School of Economics.
- International Cultic Studies Association (Previously known as the American Family Foundation) - The International Cultic Studies Association (ICSA) provides practical, cult-related resources and services for families, former group members, mental health professionals, clergy, attorneys, educators, and young people.
- Sam Vaknin - Sam Vaknin, Ph.D., is an expert in Narcissistic Personality Disorder and author of "Malignant Self Love", an excellent resource for those trying to understand narcissism and its impact on others.
- Factnet - Cult-watch group and networking website for former members of many abusive groups.
- Apologetics Index - Vast clearing house of cult-related news, information, resources, etc. One of the best sites on the Web regarding cults and abusive groups.
Regional Resources for Former Members and Families
Cult Clinic and Hot Line
Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services
120 W. 57th Street
New York, NY 10019
Tel: (212) 632-4640
Cult Resource Center/Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon
0245 SW Bancroft
Portland, OR 97201
Tel: (503) 221-1054
P.O. Box 14218
Minneapolis, MN 55414-0218
Tel: (612) 378-2528
Maynard Bernstein Resource Center on Cults
Jewish Federation Council of Los Angeles
6505 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Tel: (213) 852-7864
P.O. Box 2520
Philadelphia, PA 19147
Tel: (215) 467-4939
Fax: (732) 352-6817